Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Walk Day Tips From Pinky

Hello from Pinky! I’m getting ready to walk in the Komen Global Race for the Cure on June 5 in Washington DC and hope to see many of you there. This will be my fourth year doing this particular walk and I have tried and true walk day tips that I want to share with you. These tips can be used for any organized walk so be sure to share them with your friends. Here ya go, Pinky’s tried and trues:

  • It’s a good idea to stretch before getting started. It does make a difference in how you feel the rest of the day and the day after. Like mom used to say, “if you don’t do it, you’ll be sorry”, so do this one for mom.
  • Wear the right clothes and shoes. That said, do keep in mind the single most important thing - a girl has to look good at all times and a girl has to do what a girl has to do to make this happen. Not sure I would recommend heels higher than 2” but your outfit will dictate the height of the heel. Use your fashion sense or ask a friend for hers.
  • Drink plenty of fluids. I drink lots of water before and during the walk, that way I can drink plenty of my favorite ‘pink drink’ at our celebration lunch after the walk.
  • Be sure to walk with friends, its way more fun this way. Make it a whole day of celebrating you will be amazed at how you feel (the pink drinks may have something to do with that too ;)

Yours Truely,
Pinky

No comments:

Post a Comment