Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Celebrate In Pink Story - The Beginnings

We are coming up on the 3rd anniversary of the Celebrate In Pink ah ha moment. This weekend, with family and friends, we will participate in our fourth National Komen Race for the Cure in Washington DC. It was this very walk in 2007 that led to the beautiful Celebrate In Pink collection of unique party ware that now exist. Since this was my first walk post treatment, I wanted to make it special. I planned a post walk luncheon celebration and wanted the party ware to resonate the spirit of the day. I thought I could find pink ribbon theme paper plates and napkins at my local party or gift shops and couldn’t. I then searched the internet and couldn’t find it there either. It was this very moment that I had my ah ha moment! I felt that women deserved a beautiful and meaning way to celebrate any occasion and at the same time help our BFFs.


Flash back to my treatment days. I saw firsthand that every one didn't have the same level of insurance that I did. Even with 'good insurance', cancer treatment takes a toll on a budget. Many women are either under or uninsured and this creates added stress to their lives at a time they couldn’t and shouldn’t have any, they have enough already to deal with. I knew I wanted to somehow help them but wasn’t sure how. Fast forward to my ah ha moment and I immediately knew that this was how I was suppose to help these heroes.

I took that as a calling and immediately started to pursue bringing the only pink ribbon party ware to women everywhere. That was June 2007; the Celebrate in Pink collection debuted in June 2009. It was a journey of love and challenge to bring them to you but one I would do again without hesitation. I strongly believe in the power of women helping women, especially through celebrating. We donate a portion of our sales to organizations who directly support women needing financial help while undergoing breast cancer treatment and we depend on angels such as yourselves to help us spread the Celebrate in Pink mission.

This weekend as we gather for our walk once again, not only is it an opportunity to Celebrate in Pink but happens to be the fifth anniversary of my diagnosis and I am feeling fabulous! Life is good and it always gets better when we can celebrate with family and friends so start celebrating today!

Feeling Fab!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment