Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Healing Power of Pets

I can’t believe it took me this long to write about the love of my life, Zeppelin. He is a rescue dog and my healing buddy. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2005 I was dog-less for the first time in my life. There was one thing I knew for sure…I couldn’t go through treatment without having the love and support of a furry friend at my side.


The search began for the perfect rescue and he found us! We adopted him when he was 5 months old and it was almost as if he knew his purpose from day 1. He always has a smile on his face, gets us involved every opportunity he has, stays close to protect and to be petted, considers himself a full fledge family member and doesn’t like being ignored. I consider Zeppelin to be one of my angels on earth. He is exactly what the doctor ordered to get me through treatment and beyond.

Zeppelin brightens every one of my days and makes a huge difference on the way I look at life. There are many lessons I have learned from him, the biggest one being living in the present and enjoying the moment we are in because in an instant it is gone. I am so very grateful that we were brought together; his healing powers truly are amazing. If you are on the fence about bringing a dog into your life, I hope this story has made a difference.

Without further ado, here is my furry companion Zeppelin, friend and angel looking very daper and catching a few zzz's, it's tough being a healer :)


                   

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy those pictures are adorable. The photo of Zeppelin sleeping on the couch with a pillow is priceless. :)

    You are right too....living in the moment is such a valuable lesson. Thanks for the friendly reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B...thank you for the kind response, I'm gald you enjoyed the pictures, he does the cutest things and I could just look at him all day! Kathy

    ReplyDelete