Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Five Women Master the Art of Networking

This is truly an amazing testament of virtual networking and how one woman from Virginia and four women from Colorado are about to meet for their very first face to face meeting.


In May 2008 I met Liz and Dixie at a tradeshow in NYC. During this same time, I was feverishly looking for a printer for the Celebrate In Pink paper products. I had hoped to find one at the adjoining Supplier to the Trade show but no such luck. Turns out that Liz also had a unique print requirement for her Fobbie (great bow replacement for gift packages) and shared with me the name of her print consultant who helped find her needle in a haystack printer. I couldn’t wait to get home to contact Kerrie (aka my Print Angel) to see what she could do for me. Kerrie and I became fast friends and she amazingly delivered two printers to me; without her our beautiful collection wouldn’t be available today. Dixie is the ultimate networker and entrepreneur with great pink products at the Tickled Pink Boutique. She and Liz have been a wonderful source of support over the last two years sharing their time and expertise with me. They were further ahead in their businesses and still to this day are very generous with their ideas and time.

Last fall, I wanted to sell our products on Amazon. Liz knew Barbara of Vedante (reflective pop bands for clothing) who is a very successful Amazon seller and introduced us via email. Barbara has been very kind to share information and strategies that she uses in her business; another very giving lady sincerely wanting to help.

So, you get the picture. I met Liz and Dixie who lead me to Kerrie and Barbara which makes five of us. We all do not know each other but this week I am visiting my son in Longmont CO and couldn’t leave the state without meeting my Print Angel Kerrie, Barbara and of course seeing Liz and Dixie again. SO….all five of us are having dinner Thursday night at Martini’s in Longmont and I cannot wait to see them! All five of us are just as excited since some will meet for the first time and others of us will finally meet in person. I am sure there will lots of great energy and conversation with five entrepreneurs getting together for dinner. If you are in the area on Thursday, stop by and say hi to us, we’ll be the table of ladies gabbing away and sharing business tips, hope to see you there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment