Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pardon My Diversion

As you may have noticed, when I started my blog, I started sharing my personal journey with breast cancer and then veered off that path. I didn’t think anyone would find it particularly interesting, so I took a break to sort things out. Turns out, some of you are interested in hearing about my journey and I am now a bit savvier about blogging, so I am re-launching my blog today. There are lots of things I would like to share with all of you as we go down this path together, but for now I would like you to know why I am the person I am today and why Celebrate In Pink was born. Let’s start over and hit the road together….

I am a loving wife to Greg, mother to Robbie, Shawn and Zeppelin (our four legged son), entrepreneur, nature loving, dog enthusiast, perennial self help seeker who drew the breast cancer card in May 2005. I don’t believe in coincidences, rather that happenings are orchestrated for a reason. For example, feeling at a disadvantage in dealing with my thyroid issues, January 2005 I decided to sign up for a semester long course ‘Anatomy and Medical Terminology’ so that I could participate in a meaningful conversation with my doctors. I highly recommend a course like this for everyone as we need to be our own health advocates. Little did I know that I was taking this class whic was preparing me for the four words no woman wants to hear “you have breast cancer”. With the information I learned in class, I was able to understand much more of the ‘sounds like greek to me speak’ I was in for, which made a big difference in how I approached things.

So, unbeknownst to me, this was the ground work that was being laid for me to start the journey I had no idea I was about to take…stay tuned for how I approached my treatment plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment