Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Women Over Winter

Looks like we are on the downside of winter, Yippee! With the holidays over we really need diversions to keep our sanity intact until Spring. Really, there isn’t much in the way of activity between January and March so we have to work at it. This time of the year can be harder for some especially if cold temps, snow storms and early sunsets get you down.

I decided to embrace the ugliness of winter and tackle it head on. I signed up for an exercise class that starts at 6pm, that way my endorphins are peaking and the early sunsets don’t really bother me. I also found that making it a point to schedule more dinners and outings with girlfriends has helped. Having friends over also does the trick, just being with friends makes everything better. It’s the one time of the year that we should force ourselves to get out and do more in spite of the weather. I like to think of it as women over winter with women winning. Perhaps a’ Women Over Winter’ rotating party every month is just what the doctor ordered.

I’m sure there are lots of fun and creative things to divert us from winter, would love to hear about some of the things you do that make winter more delightful. Just think, if we stick together and share ideas, maybe just maybe we’ll look forward to next winter – NOT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment