Wednesday, May 5, 2010

To Do List - Throw a Party

Until this week I never really thought about how lucky we are when we get to throw parties, especially when they are for others. Given this new outlook of mine, I am one very lucky lady since I get to throw three parties in one month. I think this is a new personal record for me and I think the old me would’ve been perhaps complaining about the timing and the three party thing.


You see every time we have a party, we are bringing people together and celebrating something. At least that’s the way it usually goes. I think we need to have parties for absolutely no reason, just to get peeps together and have a good time. They should be thrown on a somewhat regular basis and should be a group effort, this way more parties will be given. Start the trend of asking your guests to bring something to share; whether its beverages, appetizers, or desserts and once they see how easy it is to have a party, there will be many more parties.

As for my three parties, this past Saturday we hosted a going away party for dear friends, this Saturday we are hosting a graduation party for our son’s college graduation and in three weeks we get to host the post walk luncheon for our Komen Walk for the Cure Team. Yes, I am so very lucky to be able to throw parties and have peeps we love around us celebrating.

So have your parties now while you can still enjoy them, don’t wait for when you have more time, the party may never come. There’s no time like the present to throw a party and be with your friends. And oh by the way, don’t forget your Celebrate In Pink partyware to make it even extra special (couldn't resist putting the plug in).

Party on!
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. You're right Kathy! Everyone could use more time together to celebrate whatever is important to them with friends and family. I hope your three parties are filled with much love and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much B, any party where friends and family gather is a success regardless of how the party goes :) We really do need to make more party time...

    ReplyDelete