Monday, February 22, 2010

Vitamin D Story on GMA

Great story today on GMA linking low levels of vitamin D to breast cancer and many other illnesses. There is a lot of research currently underway and the comparison of vitamin's effects compared to tamoxifen were amazing.

I know this isn't new information about vitamin D or the first story but it certainly cited more research than other pieces I have heard about. Check it out at http://bit.ly/8ZVJUd.

On a personal note, about 3 years ago I was diagnosed with very low levels of vitamin D. Unless your doctor orders this test specifically, you don't know if your levels are adequate. Since this was my first test, no one knows how long the deficiency has been going on. Five years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and ten years ago at the young age of 42 I was diagnosed with osteoporosis. All of this could've been related to the vitamin D deficiency...

Please take this article serious and make sure you fill up on your recommended dose of vitamin D :)

No comments:

Post a Comment