Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My 5 Year Milestone is Finally Here!

It is with heartfelt happiness and gratitude that I share with everyone today…IT IS MY 5 YEAR MILESTONE FOR BEING BREAST CANCE FREE!!! Hold on, let me say it one more time..today is my 5 year milestone for being breast cancer free!!! I can’t begin to tell you how it feels to finally get here. No, I am not letting my guard down in any way as I know it is possible for a recurrence at anytime but statistically speaking by virtue of making it to five years, my odds just got a whole lot better. I like the way that sounds :).
So, how do I plan to celebrate this very special day that I have been waiting so long for??? The truth is I will be celebrating tomorrow on October 14. I am hosting a Celebration of Life luncheon for my friends. I have asked them to wear pink, there will be pink everywhere, we’ll play silly games and learn about breast cancer. I have asked them to join me in supporting women who need financial assistance as they undergo breast cancer treatment by donating to The Tigerlily Foundation. It’s important to me to use the occasion not only to educate others but to help the sheroes who are fighting for their lives.


As many of you know, Celebrate In Pink partyware came about as a result of my breast cancer journey. I will be very proudly using the partyware at my celebration and honor the tremendous amount of dedication it has taken me to get it this far. It is this very type of celebration that inspired me to design a collection that women could use to show how they feel and the good that they innately want to be a part of.

So, this is MY day and it will be one of the most fabulous days of my life! It is the reason why so many of my days are filled with gratitude as I don’t take any of them for granted and try to make the most of each and every one….I hope that you do too…here’s to a day of celebrating and I wish us many many more!

My Personal Celebration...Won't You Join Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment