Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Time to Put Your Walking Shoes On!

Get your walking shoes and friends ready for another great walk season. If you’ve never participated in a breast cancer walk, now is the time to do it. It is one of the most inspiring, encouraging and energetic events that you will ever be blessed to be a part of. The vibe in the crowd is awesome and you will meet amazing survivors who have been through hell and back. They are our real inspiration and make every step easier to take.

Breast cancer walks occur in every major city in this country from April to November. You can choose a 5K walk or 2-3 day walks to show your support. The walks take place in many small communities throughout this wonderful country too. Many women form teams to competitively raise money while others walk to honor loved ones and to show solidarity. As many of you know, I participated in my first Komen Walk for the Cure in Washington DC in 2007. It was this very walk that inspired me to design our beautiful line of partyware. I couldn’t believe there wasn’t pink ribbon partyware for our post walk luncheon and thought women deserved it, so I created it! The partyware makes great fundraising items and are perfect for walk day celebrations and all occasions where friends and family gather.

I really encourage you to participate in a walk near you to experience one of the most awesome feelings you’ll ever have and to support a great cause. I’m including a link ow.ly/d/2xG to all of the major walks for 2010, but be sure to look for ones in your community too. I would love to see pictures and hear stories about your walk experience so please share! Let me know if you need any fundraising items or ideas…happy walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment